Superannuation and SMSF
Superannuation is a taxation strategy to provide a lifetime retirement and investment solution. Your superannuation plan could include many aspects including retail, industry, public sector defined benefits or accumulation plans and self managed superannuation funds (SMSF).
Each type of superannuation plan has its benefits, limitations and different strategy options. Money Mechanics can assist you in developing an appropriate superannuation plan to suit your needs.
This may include an investment strategy to protect and build your wealth within superannuation, including technical taxation strategies and tailored self managed superannuation fund strategies.
The different superannuation structures that we work with include:
- Industry Superannuation Funds;
- Public Sector Superannuation Funds (CSS & PSS defined benefit and PSS accumulation plans Military Super and DFRDB);
- Semi Managed Superannuation Funds (retail superannuation funds); and
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF’)
As with all financial planning the first step is to determine your financial goals for life. This will often assist with determining which structure is right for your needs. The next step is the development of an investment strategy. This investment strategy will document and outline the approach on ‘how’ to achieve your goals.
Self Managed Super Fund Trustees (SMSF)
We can assist trustees at any phase of the SMSF Life cycle including:
- Establishment of your SMSF;
- Creation and documentation of your investment strategy;
- Consolidation of your super assets;
- Salary Sacrifice and save tax;
- Transition to Retirement (TTR) Strategies
- Setting up Reserving Strategies to meet your estate and family wealth plans;
- Manage and pass wealth to future generations in a tax effective manner;
- Wind up of your SMSF.
As specialist advisers with the Self Managed Super Fund Professionals Association of Australia (SPAA) we can assist you with advice at any lifestage of your Self Managed Super Fund. Our unique advice approach means we can work with clients on a once off advice arrangement to keep you up to date on legislative changes or ongoing advice services to assist with annual investment review, taxation and financial statement reporting and compliance requirements. Our fixed fee structure means you know what services you are paying for in a transparent way.